Easy Tips for Extreme Cost Cutting
- Get rid of high interest rate credit cards
- Car pool with employees that live close to you
- Drop any phone company services that you don't need (call waiting, caller ID, three-way calling).
- Combine cell phone plans with family members.
- If you homeschool your children, look into state funded virtual academies that provide a computer, Internet access and lessons plans for free.
- Bargain shop. Buy your groceries when they are on sale. Use coupons and frequent stores that double coupons. Buy throw-a-way items like napkins at bargain stores like Big Lots and 99cent Only stores.
- If you have a garden or fruit tree, barter your fruit with your neighbors in exchange for services like babysitting.
- Use public transportation if you can.
- Don't buy it if you can get it for free. Example: Don't buy a cookbook, when you can find thousands of free recipes on the internet.
- Check out books from the public library instead of buying books. Most libraries also allow you to use their computers and interent for free.