Make A Plan For What You Will Do In An Emergency
The reality of a disaster situation is that you will likely not have access to everyday conveniences. To plan in advance, think through the details of your everyday life.
A disaster can interfere with your ability to communicate with your family, friends and co-workers. It is vital to have backup plans for staying in touch with your support network, and for your network to be aware of where you will shelter or evacuate.
If there are people who assist you on a daily basis, list who they are, and how you will contact them in an emergency.
(1) Create your own personal support network by identifying others who will help you in an emergency.
(2) Think about what modes of transportation you use and what alternative modes could serve as back-ups.
(3) If you require handicap accessible transportation be sure your alternatives are also accessible.
(4) For every aspect of your daily routine, plan an alternative procedure.
(5)Make a plan and write it down. Keep a copy of your plan in your emergency supply kits and a list of important information and contacts in your wallet.
(6) Share your plan with your family, friends, care providers and others in your personal support network.
Listed below are common sense talking points developed by FEMA that will help you in making you and your family as prepared as possible if there is a disaster in the area in which you live.
Listed below are talking points developed by FEMA that will help you in making you and your family as prepared as possible if there is a disaster in the area in which you live.
(2) Be informed
(9) Emergency kit
(10) Emergency money
(11) Fire safety
(12) Get involved
(14) Important documents
(15) Make a plan
(16) Medical supplies
(18) Stay or go
(21) Working together
Preparing Makes Sense. Get Ready Now.
Information was developed by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in consultation with AARP, the American Red Cross and the National Organization on Disability.
We are looking to create more mutually beneficial partnerships. If you are interested in partnering with MoneyMatters101.com, send us your proposal.