MoneyMatters101.com Home
Employee Benefits
Employee Benefits
Dental Care
Family/Med Leave
Group Insurance
Take Advantage
The Right Package
Unemployment Insurance
Vision Care
Workman's Comp.

Email Us

Facts About Medicaid
Long Term Care
Your Financial Future



Unemployment Compensation for Federal Employees

The Unemployment Compensation for Federal Employees program is a system that provides monetary benefits for eligible, unemployed, former civilian federal employees. On becoming unemployed, a claim should be filed as soon as possible.

  • The program, administered by individual states, is operated under the same terms and conditions that apply to regular state unemployment insurance.
  • There is no payroll deduction from a Federal employee's wages for unemployment insurance protection. Benefits are paid for by the various Federal agencies.
  • The amount of benefits is determined by the laws of the State under which the claim is filed. The benefit amounts, number of weeks benefits can be paid, and other eligibility conditions are determined by the state in which the employee last worked.

There are circumstances that may disqualify you from collecting unemployment benefits such as:

    • Getting fired for misconduct
    • Quitting without good cause
    • Resigning because there is a lack of disability benefits
    • If your are self employed
    • Leaving to get married
    • Self-employment
    • Leaving to attend school

There are critical items, and information, required when a former employee files for unemployment benefits.

  • Your name and social security number.
  • Your residence and/or mailing address including zip codes.
  • Your telephone number (including area code).
  • Your driver's license or state ID card number.
  • The last date you worked for any employer. If you are working part-time, be sure to mention whether you are still working and how many hours you work per week.
  • Last employer information, including: name, address, telephone number, and area code.
  • Information on all employers you worked for during the 18 months prior to filing your claim, including: name, period of employment, wages earned and how you were paid.
  • The name of the employer you worked for the longest within the last year and a half; and the number of years you worked for that employer. This may or may not be the same as your last employer.
  • The reason you are no longer working for your last employer. Be specific because the information you give will be sent to your last employer.
  • Whether you are receiving, or expect to receive any payments from a former employer. Examples of payments that may be deducted include:

    • Wages
    • Pension payments
    • Holiday pay
    • Vacation or sick pay

  • Whether you are able to work and available to accept work.
  • Whether you have a legal right to work in the United States. If applicable, individuals will be asked for their alien registration number.

Book of the Month

Book about investing

Advertise on MoneyMatters101.com



Accessibility Policy| Terms Of Use| Privacy Policy| Advertise with Us| Contact Us

Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use.

We are looking to create more mutually beneficial partnerships. If you are interested in partnering with MoneyMatters101.com, send us your proposal.


Link to MoneyMatters101.com