Sometimes, people get so infatuated with someone that they are lulled into a false sense of well being and forget the rules of dating and the importance of making the right decisions when they are necessary to be made.
Dating rules are not set in stone, nor are they actually meant to mean the same thing for everyone, because we all known that everyone is inherently different. We all look at the same things in life with our own personal views and dating is no exception.
If you choose to have a relationship with someone of the opposite sex, you should want to be in bed next to the person who is going to be there for the long run, not just for the night.
We all lead different lifestyles so it is important to look at dating from all points of view, especially in the context of how to make it a happy, romantic, and exhilarating experience for all who are involved.
These are the rules:
- Don't date someone with whom you are not physically attracted to.
- Never make a date and then cancel at the last minute, unless it is unavoidable and explainable.
- Dress appropriately for the date. Before going out, talk about where you are going and how everyone else will be dressed. You don't want to show up in jeans and sweats at a formal dinner party or wear a sexy evening gown to a park. At any rate, don't dress overly sexy or overly conservative.
- Always be kind and courteous, not just to your date, but towards others around you. A snotty, or unruly, attitude makes for a bad and lasting impression.
- Be attentive and stay focused on your date and never flirt with someone else while in the company of your date.
- Never try to impress your date by doing things you don't usually do. It may come back to haunt you later. Instead, try to be yourself and let your date know who you really are.
- Try to make the first date a nice, quiet, enjoyable affair. If your date appears to be bored, make conversation, and ask if there is something else they may want to do.
- It is never a good idea to sleep with someone on the first date, even if you want to.
- If possible, stay away from the subject of sex, even after going out for the first few times. This will make your date wonder what you are all about.
- When you do talk about sex, never talk about the sex in your other relationships, especially about an ex-spouse.
- Kissing is not an automatic prelude to sex, so control yourself and be loving and gentle.
- When you make love for the first time, do it in a comfortable setting and always practice safe sex.
- Never do anything that you feel is uncomfortable and never let yourself be rushed into it.
- If you think you are going to want to leave after making love, don't do it in your home. This means that if you want to be alone afterwards, you will either have to ask your date to leave or suffer until your date decides to leave on his own.
The most important rule about dating is honesty. Sometimes, people will let a relationship continue when they know it isn't going anywhere. They are either too timid to tell the truth, or maybe they like going out with a person but don't want the romance. This is called "leading a person on." When you lead a person on, you will have to tell the truth eventually, and the longer it takes, the harder it becomes.